There are several reasons why your iPhone might not start charging once you plug it in. Here are the most common reasons why something might be going wrong.
• Power Outlet Issues: You may need to check your power outlet. Either your charger may not be connected properly or your power outlet may have some issues. If it is the latter, simply try plugging in a different device to see if it is working as intended.
• Dead Charger: Your charger may have died off. The issue is more commonly seen in cheaper accessories and you should try to invest in high-quality products like Apple’s own certified chargers or from brands like Imazing.
• Faulty Charging Port: Try cleaning your charging port to see if it helps. Sometimes dust and debris collected at the charging port and prevents chargers from working as intended. You should back up your device before cleaning in case something goes wrong. Alternatively, consult a service professional if you notice visible signs of dust.
• Faulty Charging Cable: You may have a dead Lighting cable for your iPhone which may need replacing. The ends often get damaged and you might need to replace with a new cable to get your charger to work again.
• Software Issues: Sometimes bugs prevent batteries from charging and if your charger seems to be working fine with other devices but not with your iPhone, then you should try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t help try doing a factory reset.
If none of the above solutions work, you need to show your phone to an Apple certified professional and get it repaired. But if you have a faulty charger then you should invest in high-quality chargers that last long from a brand like Imazing. Their iPhone wall and car chargers are designed for long periods of usage and do not disappoint in terms of quality.