What happens when car battery cables are wrongly connected?
When you jump start your car the incorrect approach, there square measure several things that might probably happen. The battery, jumper cables, and natural philosophy are going to be broken, together with the fuse and also the sensors. there's even a risk of explosion once the matter is at its worst. Nonetheless, most of the time, the problem won’t be too severe and nothing that could cost an arm and leg.
Once you realize that you did the wrong thing, you can fix the problem on your own. In most instances, you need to check the fuse. Chances are, one of them is burnt. You can buy a replacement for this and your car will be up and running in no time.
Once you notice that you just did the wrong thing, you'll fix the problem on your own. In most instances, you would like to examine the fuse. chances are high that, one in all them is burnt. you'll obtain a replacement for this and your car are going to be up and running in no time.
Tips When Jump Starting your Car:
Below are some of the most important things that you have to keep in mind:
• Take a look at your jumper cables and confirm that they're within the right condition. they need to be free from rust. If they're already exhausted, although you connect the clamp on the proper terminals, it'd not compute for sure.
• scan the manual before you begin. whereas there square measure general rules once jump starting, there square measure some steps that you just shouldn't miss. as an example, within the case of newer automotive models, you would possibly ought to attach lugs before you jump start.
• See thereto that the automotive is in park or neutral. the smallest amount that you just would need is to be run over whereas making an attempt to rescue your battery.
• Be protected as you begin the method of jump starting. sporting eyeglasses associated gloves can reduce the chance of affected by an accident.
• Before you jump start the battery, confirm that the liquid isn't frozen.
• Perform associate examination on each of the batteries before you begin. don't proceed if there square measure leaks or cracks. they will result in associate explosion.