How to Restore a Weak Car Battery?
Using the car alternator for charging a car battery can make it 90 percent charged. The remaining 10 percent of the reactive electrolyte can cause deposition of sulfur on the metal plating which is responsible for causing battery weakness in most of the cases. Exposing the battery to hot and cold weather for about 24 hours without any charge can also cause deposition of sulfur.
Different signs of a weak car battery
The users should look out for signs that show that the car batteries are required to be charged. By charging a weak battery much of its performance could be restored. Let us discuss the signs of a weak battery.
Engines crank but it doesn’t get started
In most of the cases, where the engine cranks but doesn’t get started, the problem lies with the battery. In such cases, the jump starter can be used to start the car, after which the alternator can be used for charging up the batteries. Imazing offers the best quality of jump starter which is precisely designed with perfection and easy to carry.
No signs of life in the car
The battery is the source of power for all the accessories and the lights in the vehicle when the alternator is not working. As a result, when one tries to turn on the ignition, if the car shows no sign of life such as turning on the lights, cranking or starting the engine, it indicates the battery of the car is weak.
Steps involved in restoring a weak car battery
Owing to the high consumption of energy in the cars found nowadays, very few batteries last for about four years. A weak battery could be restored by following the steps mentioned below.
First, the users should turn off the ignition and put on rubber gloves and safety glasses as a precautionary step against any chances of acid burns and explosion. They need to remove the cables of the battery and keep it in a properly ventilated area, where they can conveniently work on them.
In the next step, the users are required to remove the cell caps made of plastic, on the top of the serviceable battery. In case the cells are sealed, they can drill a single hole for each of the six cells in the battery, at the area with ‘shadow marks.’ These holes are then required to be plugged with hole caps found in hardware stores.
For the third step, a quarter of a gallon of distilled water is required at around 150 degrees. It is advisable to avoid tap water, as the minerals present in the same can form a coat on the plates of the battery.
Finally, the users are required to dissolve about 10 tablespoons of Epsom salt into the water and put the solution through the holes of the cells. They are required to be filled up to the marked level.
The battery is required to charge with a three-step charger to make it completely charged.
Batteries of two or more years old may not hold a charge for long as before. However, with a little bit of maintenance one can restore the majority of the battery performance rather than buying a new one.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.